Not sure which foods hold the most nutrient "bang for their buck"? Check out this list to get you started!
1. Water - Filtered tap water: Clean; pure; cost-efficient; readily available
2. Protein - Whole egg: Considered the most bioavailable source of protein
(1 large egg provides about 6 grams of protein)
3. Fat - Sardines - Low mercury; nutrient-rich; high in the essential omega-3 acids EPA & DHA
4. Carbohydrates - Butternut squash: High in vitamins A and C; loaded with antioxidant-rich
carotenes; excellent source of many vitamins and minerals, such as vitamins E and B6,
magnesium, manganese and potassium.
5. Vitamins - Dark leafy greens: Rich in vitamins A, C, E, K ad folate; also high in carotenoids
and many minerals; shown to protect against cancer.
6. Minerals - Oysters: Excellent source of copper, iron, magnesium, manganese, phosphorus,
selenium, zinc; also rich in vitamin D and omega-3 fatty acids.
See your Veterinarian about your dog's diet and what's best for your pet!